Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sleepy Sunday

On Friday night I got a sore throat.  Usually that means a nasty, unbearable stuffy nose will shortly follow.  In order to bear this, I usually take a 24 hour decongestant (like Sudafed).  So, Saturday morning, that's exactly what I did.  But I decided not to take Nuvigil because I was unsure whether there would be an interaction.

Yesterday was my first day off Nuvigil since I started 2 weeks ago.  Needless to say I was very tired.  I took a 4 hour nap.  But was I tired because I skipped Nuvigil, or because I was sick?  Who knows!  All I know is that today I walked a few blocks to go to church, and I had a hard time walking back because I was absolutely exhausted (this was after 9 hours of very good sleep - an hour after waking up).

I decided to call the pharmacist and ask if there were any interactions.  He told me that a decongestant like Sudafed will intensify the effect of Nuvigil.  But I am still able to take both.  I just may be more "edgy," to use his word.  I just took the Nuvigil.  We'll see how it works!

2 comments:

  1. Contemplating taking a 12 Hr 12O mg Sudafed in the am, am on 150 mg Nuvigil for IH was researching if I could...suppose I should read forward and see if you posted about it before I ask here if it worked, huh? ;-) Love your blog name and address!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate!

    Sorry, I may not have posted any more about this experience. Always talk to the pharmacist and your doctor before taking any medicine. I am not a doctor. But, I have taken both together since this post, and I have been fine. That was my experience.

    ReplyDelete