Sunday, May 6, 2012

Calling my Neurologist Tomorrow...

When I went for my sleep study, the tech told me to call the doctor if I hadn't heard the results by Monday - that's tomorrow.

I'm nervous.  I honestly don't know what I want to hear.

I wonder if I'll be able to sleep.  Is that irony?  I've always had trouble figuring out irony.

I wonder if they'll tell me the results tomorrow, or if they'll make me come in for an appointment.  When my little sister was researching Narcolepsy (after she heard I could have it), she realized her husband shows signs of apnea.  She's having him get a sleep study.  They told her that each study generates 1,000 pages of data.  That sounds like a lot, so I guess that's why it takes a while.

Waiting is hard.  Especially the closer the phone call gets.  It would have been better to get surprised early.

No comments:

Post a Comment