Sunday, June 10, 2012

Social Life... What's That?

So, before I was diagnosed, but while I was working regular hours, I had very little social life.  All because I was sleeping.

And I thrive on being social.  I love my friends, and I really love meeting new, exciting people.  I love having adventures.  But I was too tired to do anything.  And I knew if I was tired, I might fall asleep while driving.  So, my social life quickly faded.

Now, I am able to be with my friends again.  On Saturday there was a big gathering that my friends were all attending.  Normally, Saturday is my sleep day - I work in the morning then sleep until Mass on Sunday.  I was tired, and I did take a nap, but the nap only lasted 2 hours and I was able to function completely after that.

This is not what I'm used to, but I am loving it!  I feel like I might be starting to get my life back.  (I'm a little afraid to admit it, because I'm afraid this won't last.)

2 comments: