Saturday, June 15, 2013

I'm tired tomorrow...

Last Friday I was asked to help someone out on the following Saturday. I responded with, "No, I'm tired." 

The person gave me a funny look - "Get some rest tonight, and you can help tomorrow." To which I responded, "I'm tired tomorrow."

To most people, "I'm tired tomorrow" makes absolutely no sense. But to me, it made perfect sense! 

I am tired every day - that's no surprise. Most days I make it through just fine. Sometimes I get so tired that my brain seems to be a little glitchy. I will feel like I'm dreaming, become clumsy and forgetful... Usually I can prevent this by going to sleep at a decent hour, but sometimes even that doesn't help.

Occasionally stress will cause me to be overly tired. Most people recover from extreme tiredness with an ordinary good night's sleep. It's not the same for me. Every so often, I can feel the kind of tiredness coming on that requires an entire day (24 hours) of rest - most of which is sleep. Without that, the extreme tiredness persists endlessly, making me cranky, weepy, and altogether a mess.

I am starting to become more aware of the feeling that indicates I should sleep a day away and "reset". So feeling like "I am tired tomorrow" is no joke. 

The school year just ended, and this is exactly how I feel. Luckily, it is Saturday, so I plan to take a nap lasting at least 4 hours. I am hopeful that will help! Otherwise, I am definitely tired tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment