Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Surprise Naps

For the most part, when I take Nuvigil, I can avoid naps.  Maybe I will grab an occasional nap here or there if I have not gotten enough sleep the night before.  But today I thought I'd take a really brief nap - laid down at 6:15pm and woke up at 9:15.  Bummer!

I wonder if it has anything to do with being overwhelmed.  I have a lot going on - I'm about to take a massive exam, I just started dating someone (which went really well, by the way - more details later), and my roommates are starting to be very annoyed at my messiness.  (Many people with sleep disorders are messy because they are so sleepy.  Not an excuse, just an explanation.)

Ugh!  Now I have that much less time for studying!

2 comments:

  1. This would happen to me when I was overwhelmed during my finals as well. I know naps are a way of healing but I am still resistant because I absolutely hate them! I get very stubborn and refuse to even admit I am tired if someone catches me just staring off in the distance. Silly.. but I still do it. I hate feeling like I missed out on something... especially when I have work to do.

    However, it is when I am overwhelmed with work that I need them the most in order to do better work.

    ReplyDelete