Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Quirky ways I stay awake

From time to time, even people with no sleep disorder at all find themselves too tired.

Me too.

Obviously, the most important trick is to get enough sleep.  If you don't, you will be tired.  If you're too tired and need to drive, take a nap.

Still sometimes that is difficult.  Here are a couple of things I do.  They work for me - might not work for you so try them at home first, never while driving.

I like drinking soda - even non-caffeinated soda helps.  It's about waking up the senses.

Speaking of that, I just put a few packs of pop rocks in my car.  :)

I'm also planning to put one of those head massager things in my car.  The other day I realized that it gives me goose bumps - that means it's stimulating.

Chewing an interesting flavor of gum.

Cold and loud are classics.  But they're not my favorite.

I listen to podcasts on topics that really interest me (usually astronomy, or at least some kind of science).

I've read other people using saline nasal spray (which one of my doctors suggests for regular use anyway - always consult your doctor first!  I am not a doctor and I never advise anything medically.)

How do you keep yourself alert when it is difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment