Monday, September 2, 2013

I saw this on Pinterest today, and it made me laugh.  The only time anyone ever wants to reach me is during a nap.  That could be because I nap so frequently.

But it is weird that people don't seem to understand.  Some people will send me a text, and if I don't respond right away, they become more persistent.  Seriously, most things can wait a couple of hours.  I will not usually respond during a nap.

However, I can honestly say that I have been napping significantly less these days and I have been ok.  It is summer, and I have been so much busier than ever.  But it's a fun busy...

If you have followed my blog (I don't expect that you have), you may recall that last summer, I found this amazing guy.  This summer, he purposed and I said yes!

Two nights ago, I stayed up until 4:30 AM working on a wedding project, woke up at 10:00 the next morning ready to go.  Adrenaline does weird things!  I am definitely tired, but once I get going, there is so much to do - and so much that I enjoy doing - that I don't stop long enough to fall asleep.

But tomorrow, I go back to teaching.  Overwhelmed as usual.  No classroom to call my own, so I have to bounce between others all day.  We will see how it goes.

The wedding is immediately after this school year.  Perhaps this wedding energy can carry me all the way through the year!  One can hope, right?

At least I got one of the things I always hoped for.  <3

2 comments:

  1. hey I just wanted to thank you for reading your blog it's actually helped me a little bit understand what's been going on with me for the past so many years um long story short I just started writing a blog yesterday about everything. I'm also going to be starting college to become a language arts teacher and I was wondering if you had any advice on how to stay awake to teach lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry for the delay in my response. Thank you for reading!

    Teaching is fairly easy in terms of staying awake. You're constantly on your feet, moving around, paying attention, so that helps a lot. For me, things get difficult when i sit still for about 10 minutes. Luckily, I never have time to do that. On occasion, during my prep period, I will sit and relax. Usually I fall asleep. Teaching the next period groggy is not ideal. Luckily for me, the class I teach after is energetic enough to make up for my lethargy.

    If you have a tendency to eat to keep yourself awake (like me), you may want to try using gum, or bringing healthy snacks to school. Teaching has definitely made me gain weight. It is very easy to eat cafeteria chicken nuggets and pretzels all day, but that really only makes things worse. Besides, they always say that a better diet could give us more energy. That, and exercise. That is a whole other battle for me.

    Anyway, don't let narcolepsy get in the way of your goals. Use it to prove to yourself that you really are a super hero deep inside.

    I would be interested to see your blog. Maybe I could put a link to it on mine.

    Anyway, be sure to allow yourself to take naps after school (or between classes). Ignoring the symptoms does you no good. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete